Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treating!

We were so close to not going trick or treating Halloween night, but we made it out! Emily was running fevers off and on during the day and just feeling pretty crummy. But, she ended up wanting to go and I'm glad we did. Kinda chilly, but could have been worse!


We live about 8 blocks from WSU, so naturally, alot of people knew that Emily was a WSU cheerleader!



Getting treats from neighbor Betty...and Tuffy.



There isn't too many people anymore that keep their lights on for trick or treaters, but the ones that do really go all out, it's nice to see that! These people are notorious for their Halloween enthusiasm. Lights, sounds, motions, you name it! And the man of the house was around the corner....

dressed as Barack Obama! He was giving out pennies and band-aids.


We had to stop at the big house on the corner! After a months worth of ooohing and aaahing over their Halloween decor, Luke wanted nothing to do with walking through the giant spider up to the house. Eh, I don't blame him. He really doesn't like spiders. But I do think he wants to be a skeleton in the future! He sort of had a love/hate relationship with those when people had them for decorations. If they talked, he hated them.



Emily going through her loot. I don't think people get too many trick or treaters anymore, so alot of them give away whole goodie bags full!


Last year (or maybe the year before?), Deeda made these cute candy bags for the kids.




Pumpkins! Note to self....make sure to carve the pumpkins the same day as cleaning them, not 4 days later. Gross. It's Mickey and Minnie this year! Halloween's fun, but I'm glad it's over. Now onto a birthday. Someone here is turning 6 this week!

















No comments: