Wednesday, November 25, 2009
my take on potty training...
As history seems to be repeating itself, my kids are 'late' potty trainers. I suppose statistically speaking. Potty training just isn't my thing. I've never found it miraculous if a child is potty trained at 1 or 2 or whatever age. I try to leave it up to the child. Now with Emily, she was 3 and turning a sharp corner towards 3.5, plus a baby brother coming ever so quickly. So she got a stearn nudge from me and it backfired. What was a month or 2 of hell, did reward me nicely in the end I admit. She is now a very modest bathroom go-er and I'm proud to say I've never had to wipe any (undiapered, I should add) hind ends. Yet. Now on to Luke, we've had the potty chair in the living room for probably a month. This past week, he's been into disrobing himself, waist down. Just for fun, no desire to take it any further. Now today, he went pee in it. Twice. Just cause he must have wanted to. I wasn't in there when he did it, so he came running to me to tell me. I said to him..."Did you sit or stand!" He says "Stand, then sit!" I guess we'll take his enthusiasim and run with it! So good job Buddy, especially for doing it on your own time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
way to go! (people who potty train at 1 or 2 are crazy anyway)
Post a Comment