Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reading

I'm so glad my kids enjoy books. Reading, being read to, and just plain old paging through them.




If I can't find Luke, he's usually downstairs sitting on his Tow Mater chair looking at books in the toyroom. I love peeking in and watching him when he doesn't know I'm there.

Luke is really enjoying the TAG reader now too. He was doing a Dora book the other day and somehow got it to play the ABC's. Emily says "Hey, how'd you do that?" and he showed her. It was pretty cute to see them interact that way. So Deeda, if you're looking for Christmas/Birthday ideas for Luke, I bet he'd love some boy TAG books....I know I've seen a Cars one out there!





Almost every day, Emily comes home with one of these little reading booklets in her 'reading' bag. They are simple, one sentence per page books. She's so proud when she reads them to me. Every morning she gets to color pumpkins on her chart. She has an October pumpkin chart where she colors a pumpkin for every 5-10 minutes she reads, or I read to her. She could probably color in all the pumpkins in a matter of a few days, but she just colors 3 a day :)







No comments: