Monday, October 5, 2009

The dentist....




went great! I am the proud owner of a little girl who's teeth are so clean, the dentist didn't even have to clean them! Yep. I thought it was strange too. Susie, does that seem right? They just painted a little bit of a flouride gel across the front and said they don't want to clean childrens teeth who don't need it since it could wear the good enamel already there. She went in and the hygienist took pictures (no lead apron anymore!) and counted her teeth. She has 2 of her 6 year molars almost all the way out and the other 2 peeking through. The dentist measured her teeth and raved about how nice they are. Of course, I was proud, but I think Emily was too! He did say she's most likely a classic braces case though. I asked about the space between her front teeth and that's actually desired so there's more room for permanents to grow in. Her dentist is a pediatric (0-21) dentist so it has lots of neat things a normal one wouldn't. All the chairs are in one big room in a row, so kids can see other kids get work done. I think Emily really liked that. And a cabinet full of radio controlled toys, hand held eletronic games, etc. to play with (or little brothers to play with!) while hanging out in the exam room. Emily picked out a bracelet and Luke picked a car. Now he wants to go!


No comments: