Sunday, October 4, 2009

farm goodies...

A dozen farm fresh eggs. This one had 2 yolks. The kids love hard boiled eggs, so we boiled about half of them. I can't believe how much tastier these are than store bought. The whites were almost creamy, not spongy or rubbery like ordinary eggs.

Raspberry jam. Wow. Yum. Emily's already had her finger in it.


Hand made goats milk soap. Haven't tried it yet, but it sure smells good!



3 comments:

Heather said...

2 yolks!?!?!?

Natalie said...

Yeah, Heather told Emily it would be. It was probably double the size and kind of looked like 2 eggs morphed together in the middle. I always thought if you get an egg with 2 yolks, you're supposed to have twins. Sweet! ;)

Did you buy any of those eggs? They are so good. I wish Heather sold them in town somewhere. I know you can get them with the CSA program, do you guys do that?

Heather said...

that is a bonus egg!

i have a friend who did it this year, and I think it's something i'd really like to do next year. like do a half order of vegs and an order of eggs. we don't really eat any vegetables (do french fries and apple sauce count?), so I think it would be a good way to force us into it.