Friday, September 18, 2009

First week success...and other Emily happenings.

Emily had her official first full week of Kindergarten. She is doing great! I'm so proud of her. Yesterday, when picking her up, I got to chat with her teacher for a bit and she told me I have an "awesome daughter." Uncle Nathan and Ms. L's brother work together at Riverside, small world! She's already made 2 or 3 little girlfriends that she talks about and plays with most.

We're really getting into this school routine. We drop Emily off in the morning at the playground around 7:35am so she can be outside for a little bit. She runs right up to the backpack pile, throws hers in, and takes off for the monkey bars! She even has a new blister. Then they line up at 7:45 and go in. Luke and I hang out, Tuesday's and Thursdays are library/storytime and ECFE, and then he has lunch and naps around noon. I thought for sure he'd have a hard time napping so early, but he does great! He either wakes up around 1:45, or I get him up and he grabs 2 fruit snacks for him and Sissy, I grab his water thermos, and we stroll over to get Em at 2:10pm. It's so cute watching her run out with the other kids and look for us.

Sometimes we stop at the park on the way home, sometimes we don't. We've met a super cute Beagle that I'm sure will become a staple in our walks home. We cut through alleys, she thinks it's fun that alot of people grow Sunflowers. She always finishes her lunch either on the way home while walking, at the park, or at home on the picnic table because "she only gets 15 minutes for lunch!" She always takes off her tennis shoes and socks, first thing. And sometimes changes clothes. And then they play outside. I've noticed that around 3:30-4:30pm, her day catches up with her. We've had a few days of a meltdown at that time. She gets ignored and then realizes that she maybe just needs a little break and lays down on the couch. Now that school's started, everything in our day is just moved up an hour or so! The kids are ready for supper around 5pm now and then we go outside for a little bit more, come in for baths and books, and they are snoozing by 7:30-8pm. It's so funny since a month ago, if the kids were in bed by 9-9:30, I would have called that an early night! Now I get frustrated if it's 8pm, instead of a bit before. Crazy.
Emily's still doing Gymnastics which she loves and is improving so much. Now it's just a new day and time. I'm really glad we didn't take the summer off, those splits are coming along! She got into the WSU swim lesson program which is supposed to start next week, Tues/Thurs, but they had to have a drain issue fixed and lessons will be delayed a week or 2. She's looking forward to getting back in a pool! Other than that, she's still enjoying riding her bike, cooking in the sandbox with her brother, playing with her friend and neighbor girl Rylie when she's there, and looking forward to her 6th birthday! Oh, and she has another loose tooth on the bottom! Although she won't admit it...


This is too funny. I've been telling Emily for a long time now that once she starts school, she's going to have to only capitalize the first letter in her name. I guess I was right!




The dotted i's with a heart...already?!?!







A weeks worth of "Great Day!" daily behavior slips!






No comments: