Tuesday, July 13, 2010

favorite pastimes....

The kids, Luke especially, love to spend time 'driving' in the van. Luke could literally spend every waking hour behind the wheel of the van or Daddy's loaner Ranger from Kelvin. They even have their imaginary friends "Josh & Emma" that they buckle safely in the carseats. I think Emily just uses it as an excuse to read....I bet she's read almost 200 library books so far this summer. I choose alot that I figure I will end up reading to them and she ends up reading them herself!


Luke is still an avid Roger Miller fan....new favorites being Hot Rod Lincoln and Dang Me. He likes to go on YouTube and listen to them, even knows how to scroll down to different ones.
Today we're off to the Marine Art Museum and Rollingstone for some playtime at the park and a picnic. Then home to get ready for tomorrows camping trip to Perrot State Park. Pretty much everything is in the porch from last week, you'd think it would be convenient that we hadn't really unpacked from before, but I have a feeling it won't be. We drove over to Trempealeau yesterday after the doctor appointment to check out our site. We had lunch at the Trempealeau Hotel, famous for their Walnut Burgers. We're still wondering how they got that title. They have a cute little city pool that we'll have to try this week. Dave needed stuff at Walmart for driving this week. The school supplies already out were so tempting, Emily had fun stocking up for 1st grade! At least with what I could remember off the top of my head from her list.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRYCE THOMAS ROBISON