Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strawberry Festival


On Sunday, while the boys were napping, Emily and I walked over to catch the last hour and a half of Strawberry Festival @ Sinclair Park, a few blocks away. She had fun playing on some inflatable things and had a snow cone. The church across the street puts this on every June as a fundraiser. Now, I understand the concept of a fundraiser, and I don't complain about money too often, but this could turn into an expensive little event if you'd let it. Tickets are .25 a piece and each inflatable takes 3 tickets, except the bounce house which is 2. So .75 a 4 second 'ride' approx. I stood at the end of the obstacle course one and when Emily got to the end, I told her to go back. .75 should at least be round trip, right? (it wasn't) I think what brings people out is the chicken Q they do in the afternoon. Our nice neighbor who came over before hand to give her condolences about Tanner and a card happened to put $6 in it for the kids to get a treat. So that was Em's Strawberry Fest money! Thanks Chuck and Betty :)

No comments: