Wednesday, March 27, 2013

LEGOS

 I've been waiting for this day for a long time!  Luke is finally into LEGOS.  That's pretty much all he wants to do now, which is a good thing!  Hopefully in no time, he'll be able to do the larger sets all on his own.  Yesterday, he and Dad worked on the fuel tanker truck and he and I (Emily needs credit too, she started bag 1) did the cement truck.  We're not into the Star Wars or any of that stuff, strictly the "City" builds only.  It's surprisingly very addicting.... there's just something about clicking those tires on when the build is close to done.  From now on, when family asks for gift ideas, we know what to say!



 Emily has been into the Friends Legos since she came home from a friends house with a little kit a few months ago.  She has quite a collection so far!  I wish she would have been into them a couple years go to get more use out of them.  Seems like Lego holds it's value so I'm writing down the price paid for each kit on the directions and I can sell them in a couple years when she will probably be no longer interested.  I should at least get half the price paid I think.


Papa is going to attempt something like this for the boys made with IKEA storage units.... 

and I'm hoping to find a simple coffee table at a thrift store and bond a couple Duplo plates on it for Logan, similar to this...  


I did find a couple neat solid wood smaller chairs at the Salvation Army this week for a Lego table... it's a start!

No comments: