Monday, July 30, 2012

horse camp

Emily did something new this summer...horse camp!  She loved it.  Absolutely loved it.  Enough so that she is trying to talk me into riding lessons.  The camp we tried with good recommendation was way out in Dodge, WI, so about a 25 min drive out.  There is a ranch in town, but they only offered M-Th 8am -Noon and this one was M-F 9am-5, for only $25 more.  I think it's funny that you pay a bit over $200 for a week of horse camp and all the kids are doing most of the daily work, ha!  She loved the resident cats (pictured with Bilbo above) and dogs (pictured with Tina below).  They had riding lessons and craft time (good ones too!) and worked cleaning stalls and feeding all the horses being boarded.  She even stuffed her backpack with carrots one morning as a treat for a special horse.  I wish I could have seen her ride, but they ride later in the morning and in the afternoon before chores.  Thankfully they took some pictures of the kids and sent them out to everyone.  


Emily and her pony, Candycane.

No comments: