Saturday, April 7, 2012

field trip

(picture courtesy of the preschool Facebook page...)

Luke takes a special Tuesday afternoon preschool class called Terrific Tuesday.  It's only for the kiddos who go to kindergarten in the fall.  This last Tuesday, he got to ride a bus to the Marine Art Museum!  I guess they did lots of learning about lighthouses.  We also had Luke's final preschool conference a couple of weeks ago.  How bittersweet!  He is doing so good.  And I am not ashamed to say the teachers adore him there.  Completely adore him. They had nothing but good to say about his time there, he's meeting all the recommendations that show he is ready to start kindergarten, he plays with everyone very well and he is so eager to learn whatever they are learning about that day.  I am so proud of him!  Maybe we'll get him reading before school starts this fall?  He already knows lots of words by sight, so I think he has a great start!  But his focus this weekend while Daddy has his 2 days off.....taking his training wheels off.   He says he's ready, so we'll see what the weekend prevails!  

No comments: