
On Friday, Emily had her all school field trip. I got to go with as a chaperone. We went to the Minnesota Marine Art Museum and were
supposed to go to Prairie Island/Deer Park and picnic, but it was raining. Bummer. So the Kinders ate lunch in the classroom and then everyone watched a movie in the gym,
The Princess and the Frog. Ugh. I could have thought of better movies that would appeal to everyone, but whatever. Maybe Emily and I just aren't into Disney 'princess' movies I guess. At least the popcorn was good. She's gearing up for the end of the school year. Only 13 more days of school left! She's only missed 2 "half days" due to being sick...not too shabby! There's a survey going on right now through the WAPS concerning primarily Central and Rollingstone schools. Lots of questions regarding Magnet schools, possible making 1 of them a year round school following the 40-15 day schedule (40 days on, 15 days (3 weeks) off all year- with the normal holiday breaks and a 3 week summer break). I might need more convincing of the year round concept. Lots of people think summer break is too long, I don't! But, if that's what it takes to keep Central afloat, so be it!

Emily and Caitlin being
impressionist artists! The kids learned all about Impressionism painting. They now know that Monet and Renior were famous Impressionist painters from France and that they use a pallette for painting. Oh, and they learned lots of facts about the Titanic. It was as long as 22 school buses lined up and it had 4 smoke stacks, but only 3 were actually functional!
No comments:
Post a Comment