Monday, May 14, 2012

It's a start!

 Our first garden is in the works!  Luke and Papa made another little garden in the back along the fence and got the cucumbers and some squash in, I still have to finish the squash.  Plus I got some pumpkin seeds to throw in there along the edge.  That might be fun for the kids. I got my green bean climbers constructed and the seeds planted, potatoes put in, radishes, a lettuce mix and spinach too.  Tomato and pepper plants as well.  And I stuck in 2 each broccoli and cauliflower plants for fun.  I still need to finish the row of snap peas (Luke and I only got about a foot and a half before calling it quits, tedious work those peas are), carrots, beets, a few kinds of onions.    We also did a few potted strawberry plants.  It would be nice to have a whole small patch dedicated to them.  Maybe next year we can find a spot.  This will definitely be a trial and error gardening year since I've never used my green thumb before!  I'll have to do a weekly growth update to use as reference for next summer.





 First little bit of red...
 When I was watering tonight, I found our first few little buds of cucumber poking through, that didn't take too long!


No comments: